Monday, July 21, 2008

Found Halloween Photo....

Christopher brought this photo home yesterday from Melissa's apartment. It's not one I had ever seen before. It's strange to happen upon something like this. You assume that you know of all existing photographs of your children....that there are no surprises....
Halloween Past

This photo, taken several years ago, shows the girls as impossibly lovely and radiant. I had forgotten how young they once looked. Christopher, the Ninja, and Max the guy with the gas mask, are framed by old, long forgotten friends, one wearing an old lab coat Bill once used, and the other in a jester costume I had sewn for Max during more energetic times.

It was a treat to see my children, their friends, my beloved front porch ready for Halloween....all at this sweet moment captured in time. My thanks to Melissa for finding this print....