Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Switch Time Jazz Concert

Today Bill, Mollie, Tess, Robin, neighbors Roger and Florie, and I were lucky enough to attend the Palatine Park District's "Senior Matinee", featuring the amazing Big Band sounds of Switch Time Jazz.
Switchtime Jazz
Switchtime Jazz Band

Bill, the girls and I found this terrific concert by chance last April, and this year we brought along our friends to share in the music.
Bill with Roger and Florie

One of the highlights of the concert was a vocalist who might have rivaled Frank Sinatra playing the Sands in Las Vegas! She is just wonderful.
Singer of the Band

This was a beautiful way to spend a rainy afternoon...great music, dear friends...who could ask for anything more?
Happy Concert Goers

Well....I could have asked for a clear group photo, but a crazy guy jumped into the photo frame just as I was snapping this group shot and threw me off balance....still a nice memory to hold on to...