Sunday, March 8, 2009

Daylight Saving Time....At Long Last....

I recently found an interesting web site filled with wonderful information regarding Daylight Saving Time...which begins today.

Daylight Saving

This extra hour of daylight signals the long awaited emergence of Spring. Now is the time when I bring out my garden plans from past seasons, checking to see what was successful and what was not. This year though, changes are on the horizon.

Garden Plans

As Bill and I grow older we look towards lower maintenance and less labor intensive plantings. Thoreau said, "Our life is frittered away by detail...Simplify, simplify!". That, I think, will be the focus of our gardens this year.

Spring Garden

I will incorporate into our plan a Victory Garden. Rising produce costs, and the promise of fresh from the garden fruits and vegetables, make a Victory Garden a sensible and sumptuous inclusion.

Victory Garden

My garden layout, planting charts, and colored pencils are at the ready. Daylight Saving Time plus brand new garden plans....a natural paring.

Colored Pencils

What fun lies ahead....