Sunday, October 7, 2007

Celebrate Arlington: Our Hometown, Our Heritage....A Terrific Library Program

Today we attended a wonderful program at our library, featuring our very own Arlington Heights. Unfortunately Bill was not able to join us. I think our day out at Autumn Harvest yesterday was a little too much for his still present bronchitis. Tess and I missed him being there!

We were lucky enough though, to be joined by our friend Robin and her friend....and hopefully now our friend as well...the very lovely Denise.

Robin and Denise

The program was presented by our Arlington Heights Historical Society. The speakers were Janet and Jerry Souter, authors and editors of two excellent books on Arlington Heights history.

Arlington Heights

Display

I love our town and thought I knew just about everything there is to know about Arlington Heights. But I learned several new, interesting facts about this town that I shared with Bill when we returned home. Tess and I each found an armload of new books to read....soon to be posted.

What a nice, nice day!